Search results

1. Jeff Bower

Happy Birthday Jeff Bower!

Thanks everyone!! I had a good relaxing weekend. :beer:
  2. Jeff Bower

Good Morning Friday 22nd

Woke up to sleet and cold rain. Drove 60 miles in slush for work and walked thru slushy yards for 5 hours. I've driven 2000 miles in the last 2 weeks, not ideal! Home with slippers on now watching NCAA BBall. Have a wedding party tonight and then shop time and bball the rest of the weekend...
  3. Jeff Bower

Willie lives on

Saw Willie along with Lucas this past summer, was great. Can't believe he still on the road so much at his age, but not sure he knows any other life.
  4. Jeff Bower

How cold is it?

I was out and about doing building/home inspections today. -17 when I started and -9 at the end of the day, wind chills in the -35--45 range. Cold temp and wind sucked quite a bit, but the 3-4ft drifts of snow I had walk thru were even worse. We got about 20" of snow from 2 storms late last...
  5. Jeff Bower

Question on cutting out router table plate insert

I had the same type of slip when I routed mine out. Used a little auto body filler with the router plate in place and it is flush all around now.
  6. Jeff Bower

Seen Around Town - Whatcha Got?

Saw this one online, but timely...
  7. Jeff Bower

Friday September 1st.

Football all weekend inside because the heat is coming back again. Bonus for the wife and I is that our daughter is coming home from college for the weekend. She's only been gone 3wks but it seems much longer. The wife had a hard time with the transition, but the last week was much better. KU...
  8. Jeff Bower

jet 1642 variable speed lathe 1.5 hp and all lathe tools and accessories Sold

If I wasn't 1200 miles away, I would be all over this. Such a great deal Allen. On a side note, you had so much fun making the pens, bowls, segmented bowls etc on it...why are you selling? Always keep turning! :D
  9. Jeff Bower

Today is National Code Talker Day

Vaughn, just added that book to my Amazon list...cant wait to read it. There are probably tons of other stories from every war that won't ever be told. Glad this one is.
  10. Jeff Bower

Things are a schemozzle at my house...

Always ask for an estimated time of arrival. Subtract 30-40 minutes and clean accordingly. I'm only 51 but I've learned/been told what to do. ;)
  11. Jeff Bower

Happy Birthday Vaughn McMillan!

Happy, Happy!!
  12. Jeff Bower

Friday 30Jun23

Was supposed to go camping with friends this weekend, but work got really busy and I will be working tomorrow and Monday. Boooo. Smoking some ribs on Sunday and hope to be able to relax a bit on Tuesday. Happy 4th!!!
  13. Jeff Bower

Fridy 26May23

Long time no post...but this weekend is a big one for the wife and I. Our daughter graduates from High School tomorrow afternoon! Then out to dinner with family. Sunday will be yard work and maybe shop time. Monday I hope I will be relaxing. Cheers everyone! :beer:
  14. Jeff Bower

Thanks everyone!! I had a great day with family and friends.
  15. Jeff Bower

Anyone is up for a challenge?

I'm in...fall and winter is my best shop time too. Haven't done much of anything this summer in the shop due to the heat. What are we making again? :unsure:Or is it up to us?
  16. Jeff Bower

Happy Birthday Vaughn McMillan!

Happy Happy Vaughn!(y)
  17. Jeff Bower

Thanks everyone! All I asked for is my Jayhawks win a few games this weekend! #ROCKCHALK
  18. Jeff Bower

Today is Friday

I'm home now after driving over 200 miles all over south central Iowa for work. Cracked a cold one and will go out to the garage in a bit to get a few cutting boards/cheese knives put together that are to be picked up tomorrow morning. Heading out to dinner with the wife and her sister and BIL...
  19. Jeff Bower

Restoration VW Bug underway

Leo, my mom and dad had a 411 Fastback while they were stationed in Germany back in the late 60s. My dad took it out on the Autobahn a few times to see what it could do, but it started to shake real bad around 100MPH then was promptly passed by several high end sport cars. :D When they moved...
  20. Jeff Bower

New to me jointer

Picked this beauty off of FB marketplace for $60 a little over a week ago. Owner bought it new, used it a few times and stuck it in storage. Pretty sure it's from the 80's, but haven't looked to far into it yet. Needed a good clean up but works great as far as I can tell. I'm happy!