13 days and counting

I havent mapped out my plan of attack just yet. Going to finish a tv unit, not a big build, simple box.
Then I start on the garage shapeup and some new tools, the sawstop and a belt sander, some new work tables, move a few things, then I can plan out next years work.
Mahogany bar is the first project I will tackle, along with 2 bedrooms sets, small guest rooms, and one full size captains bed for my niece.

Congratulations Allen, ... retirement is the busiest time you'll ever spend, but it's all fun... I remember when my retirement came up.. I woke up one morning and told the wife.."today is my 40th anniversary in the traffic industry".... then I realized what I had said.... I gave notice about a week later and retired the end of Sept 2005.... love every minute of it...

I never wanted to retire and never would have except I got laid off. I do okay but I wish I was still working. I really enjoyed what I did. I wanted to work until the day I died.

I always laugh when I see those comments from economists saying that people are going to work longer (past 62 or 65 or whatever). If only we had that choice.

I hope you enjoy your retirement.

Mike

Last edited:
Congratulations Allen! Looks like that wood pile you have is going to start disappearing fairly quickly so you better find a new wood guy.

My wife says Ive been nuts for 25 years, so Im not worried about going insane off from work.
Besides, my son, my daughter, my wife, my niece, my sil, my bil, my sister, my other bil, a neighbor, a friend, a work associate of my wife, and a few others have given me their requests for builds, since they all feel Ill need something to keep me busy.

I just dont get it. Do they think the wood fairies come out at night here and build all that stuff I make?

I might actually get paid for some work.

Last edited:
(Make that, let's see, 10 days now?)

Congratulations Allen. Enjoy yourself.

I pulled the plug on July 31st, at 69 years old. We had bought a townhome and I am busy remodeling it. I've also got a bunch of old woodworking machines to restore, if I ever get to them.

Looks like you have your plan laid out.

Aloha, Tony

Last edited:
Im still counting.
4 days and Ive never worked so hard in my life trying to get ready to not work.
I go out each night for around an hour and get busy doing something with the cabinet Im building to de-stress and take my mind off things.
It also keeps the build moving along even though its a slow go.

So Allen what you and the missus doing to celebrate. This is surely a real full family affair. A major milestone calls for big time celebration. Tell your son you want the Tikki bar back for the night.:D

Hours to go, hey this is like a space ship take off.;):thumb: