Another Experiment

Dave Hoskins

Experiment Yeah. First time I ever turned camphor wood. My shop may not ever be the same. Smell like Vapor Rub. My lizards that keep me company while working in the shop are behaving a bit abnormally. They keep walking away from me and looking back at me with an evil look. Hmmmm. The diameter is 9 1/4" with a height of 2 3/4". The depth is 2 1/4" with a volume of 6 cups. Amazingly light as well. Only weighs 14 oz. I used my usual walnut oil for sealing and the finishing with shellac with a bit of walnut oil wax mixed in. I didn't want to experiment with a new wood and the shine juice. Not that adventurous any more.

Attachments

• BLCAM1.JPG
    BLCAM1.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 10
  • BLCAM1A.JPG
    BLCAM1A.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 11
  • BLCAM1B.JPG
    BLCAM1B.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 12
  • BLCAM1C.JPG
    BLCAM1C.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 12
  • BLCAM1D.JPG
    BLCAM1D.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 11
  • BLCAM1E.JPG
    BLCAM1E.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 13
  • BLCAM1F.JPG
    BLCAM1F.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 13
  • BLCAM1G.JPG
    BLCAM1G.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 13

Dave Hoskins

Oh, yeah. No sinus problem out there! Thanks, guys! Appreciate. Still have another piece of it but it's gonna have to wait a few days. Plans are cutting down a couple of hackberry logs tomorrow.

Paul Douglass

That is a very pretty bowl..
I love camphor wood, it is pretty and I love the smell when cutting or turning it... I still have a small chunk in the bottle stopper blank.
The seat in my wooden Auburn Speedster model, I built are made with camphor wood.