Delta bandsaw

Picked this little jewel up the other day for 100 bucks. She starts and runs but needs a little TLC. Might look at some carter guides eventually. I have a 17” that I hate changing blades on. I’ll set the big one up for resawing and the smaller for curves.

d6031a887c2616d282055ff5190ae5d8.jpg

Great catch, John! I know you'll enjoy having the smaller bandsaw. I have the same arrangement with my 17" setup for resaw and the 12" for smaller and curvy stuff.

Great price on a saw that parts are readily available for should you need them. With what you saved on the saw, anything required to get it tuned up should be incidental.

I cleaned it up, installed a new lower thrust bearing a set of cool blocks and a newer looking blade and it cuts like a champ! I've got 125 in it and it's the best 125 I've spent in a long time.

The Delta is a nice saw... yours looks a lot like mine, except my motor hangs underneath... I've added a Grizzly riser block to mine, so I have a green block in the middle of the frame... it made the blade a 105 inch blade.... only problem I've run into is the guide bar for the blade guides is smaller then the Delta guide so if I want the blade guides lower closer to the table I have to make sure the guide bar is shimmed well to keep it from turning... mostly I use the original delta guide and just don't lower the blade guides below about 5 or 6 inches... but the saw has served me well over the years.

Carter guides would be desirable on the saw, but I've not found them for less than about $130... out of my budget.