For Peter Rideout -- Hurricane Fiona

Now there's a sentence you don't see very often. I guess it must not be TO bad weather wise to keep the cyanide down in it... That'll be fun to try to get rid of if you end deciding to do so.

We had a volunteer "patty pan" squash this year that's been outdoing all the other summer squash. Also a white pumpkin that I SURE as heck never planted (it might be a stray outcross, not sure.. but it's in the melon patch so I'm not sure how it got there). Sometimes the stray volunteers are the best plants, I usually leave a few unless they're really in the road just to see how it goes. Makes for sort of a wild garden.. but hey.. plants is plants.
He wasn’t concerned about it. It will be a month or more before he feeds it, so the gas should release by that time.

and because of this storm my favorite beer bar (as a matter of fact the only beer bar) on the submarine base , "Andy's Hut", was destroyed.
I'm assuming you meant on Guam... can't remember a sub base there, but that was a few years back.... we lost a bar on the Naval station too... found it floating in the harbor.... the base was glad to get rid of it... Most of my time on Guam, I was too young to "legally" drink beer and also had not quite acquired a taste for it... my dad was a pretty heavy beer drinker and I think back then I had some aversion to it... glad that's changed for now.

I'm assuming you meant on Guam... can't remember a sub base there, but that was a few years back.... we lost a bar on the Naval station too... found it floating in the harbor.... the base was glad to get rid of it... Most of my time on Guam, I was too young to "legally" drink beer and also had not quite acquired a taste for it... my dad was a pretty heavy beer drinker and I think back then I had some aversion to it... glad that's changed for now.
Of course yu never heard of it, it was a secret....lol. I made patrols out of Guam from 1970-1972. That was the home base for Polaris subs in the pacific. Now it's a fast attack base.

Of course yu never heard of it, it was a secret....lol. I made patrols out of Guam from 1970-1972. That was the home base for Polaris subs in the pacific. Now it's a fast attack base.
They probably snuck the sub base in after I left in 1963. Guam has changed some since I was there... they've closed the comsta and turned it back to the island. I was watching a house hunters international a while back and there are some pretty nice apartments there that didn't exist 60 years ago.
They did have a MOTEL there when I was there... on an island that is 30 miles long and 8 miles wide.