Goat Weed-Eaters

My neighbors have a couple of pygmy goats. I'm headed over tomorrow to pickup a little load of goat poop for my compost bin.

It is so green here right now I can't believe it. They will grow, they will die and turn brown, and then we get to worry about fire. But not for a while, so that's not that bad.

I spray a bit of pre-emergent to keep some defensible space, but dang, I really want to get a couple of goats of my own.

Maybe I'll do a cost benefit analysis on the cost and effort of spraying and having a little goat herd to keep the weeds down.

I'm considering hair sheep. They're like slightly less annoying goats for their diet but have a touch less propensity towards falling over dead compared to regular sheep (plus they don't need shearing).

man o man, what a different way of life you guys live.
the closest I came to know any of my friends with livestock, was when my buddy down the block got a lamb for I believe easter years ago. Its against village code here to have any livestock on property, but noone complained. Im not sure the kids knew it was their easter dinner, they surely asked alot hey, where is whatever they named him. ( I dont recall now, but I think he got it for easter and had it butchered)

oh, well, my new buddy jon, took me on a tour of his cows, and his pigs. we didnt eat any of them. jons the only guy I knew of that owned a farm with livestock. my grandparents owned the last land in NYC designated as farm land, but a wild pack of dogs roaming the fields attacked a few kids, nothing serious, but he couldnt get insurance anymore and had to sell the land.i hyave some 8 mm films of the farm, my grandfather was like one of the first people to buy a brownie 8 mm camera and projector and took film of everything. years ago my son sent in all the old films, the old video tapes, and had it all converted to digital.