Here's a carving I did of a 1969 Plymouth GTX

steve kelly

I carved this on a 2x10 stud...A neighbor friend gave me a bunch of 2x6x12 studs and a few 2x10x12 studs...my neighbor told me that all of this wood was sitting around in his garage for over 50 years.P1200559.jpg

Neighbor (down the road about 5 houses, still considered neighbor) was about 3 years older than me had a Roadrunner. He was always working on it and I thought they must be junk. Then when I started driving and built my Javelin, we raced and then I stopped by his house. Then I understood you always had to tinker with your car to keep it running its best to win the races. Young neighbor kids must have grown up thinking Javelins with chevy engines in them were junk! :rolleyes:

Beautiful carving. Does exactly what it is supposed to do, put all of us that lived through that era back in the moment!:thumb:

Yeah....I know what you are talking Jon...I actually carved this GTX for a friend of mine, who actually owns a plymouth 69 GTX, for his birthday...He couldn't believe it when I handed the carving to him....My first real car was also a Plymouth but it was a 400 cubic inch Road runner.