Looks like soon I'll be able to show something for my self!

Brent,
How many RC models do you have that fly?
Hope that you haven't hit those overhead wires. It sure is a nice location.

Right now I've got 4. A fast flying wing, a little aerobatic park flyer, a scratch built super slow flying park flyer, and the one pictured above, a Stevens Aeromodels Helium electric glider.

IF the wind is blowing in the right direction, I don't have any worries about hitting those wires. I've got another little area up on the hill where I like to fly when the wind is coming from the 'wrong direction' :thumb:

Here is a photo of a bench that I made with some salvaged pine shelving boards. It is based on a design of a bench that my grandfather used to have on his veranda. The skirt has dadoes for the legs. The original bench had through wedged tenons, but I wimped out and used cleats to hold the legs to the top.

The advantage of this design is that the top can be thinner because the skirts will help support the top.

p.s. I wish that I would have had the legs closer to the ends of the top.

Thanks for the picture of the bench!

My wood order is scheduled to arrive next Tuesday. Should be an interesting day!

Zoiks!!!!! That's a lot of chairs!

You said "Zoiks" :D who are you now, Shaggy? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My kids really get a kick out of Scooby-Do :wave:

Rennie, is that YOU........

rennie_avatar.jpg
........ clean shaven on your workbench.... :eek:

Nice planes (the RC kind) Brent, my dad has been flying RC since it first started, way, WAY back in the late 60's :wave:

Here, I'll Hijack this thread with airplanes :D

monocoupe_skis_close_up.jpg
His lovely Monocoupe on Skis

monocoupe_skis_grampa.jpg
A little bit of snow don't hold him back!

grandpas_plane_landing.jpg
Hey, it may be Canada, but in the summer there is a lot less snow.... ;) :D

Cheers!

Me to! I've got a few major projects going on at the same time... Should be interesting. I'll need to see if I can channel the productivity of Allen Levine in order to get done...

Just ordered the fireplace for my other project today, and with the temperatures dipping to the 20's, I'm sure I'll be trying to get that one done first! :thumb:

Last edited:
Stu, That's a heck of a nice plane!

I've only been crashing RC planes since the mid 80's!

Used to have to have a different radio for each plane. Now I've got one fancy shmancy computerized thing that can do about a dozen on the one transmitter and can do all kinds of fancy control mixing. The advances in motors and batteries has been incredible. I doubt I'll ever go back to the ole glow plug motors....

Just to hijack my own thread (is that possible?) Here's a link to some videos I have on Vimeo.

http://www.vimeo.com/user336033/videos

This video is pretty cool, if I do say so myself. It's my hypered up zagi flying wing.

http://www.vimeo.com/705309

Very cool video, and I guess you would need a catapult to get off the ground, without clearing a big runway.

Lots of wide blue yonder to play in there :thumb:

Very cool video, and I guess you would need a catapult to get off the ground, without clearing a big runway.

Lots of wide blue yonder to play in there :thumb:

Actually, the catapult is just for fun. The usual way to launch a flying wing is to just give it a toss and hit the throttle...

That's a pretty old school design flying wing. When I put the hotter motor on it, I covered the whole thing in fiberglass drywall tape, for strength, and then covered it with the iron on covering. The motor will take that thing nearly vertical, and when I put it in a dive at full throttle, it's actually going a little too fast for comfort!

Rennie, is that YOU........

DSC_0294.jpg
........ clean shaven on your workbench.... :eek:
Yep, clean shaven and funnin' around a little. A ladyfriend back east wanted to see what I looked like without the beard, so I thought I send out a little "woodshop beefcake".:rofl::eek::rofl::rofl:

...we now return to Brent's thread already in progress.....:type:

I can just imagine Rennie setting the self timer on the camera, then rushing around to get in that 'Relaxed' position! Bwahahahahaha:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Heres my contribution. Been working on getting as scruffy as Larry, but I don't have the beard down quite yet.

temp.jpg