My Kind of Political Ad

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
This is a political ad from 2014. Mike Frese is my long-time friend Jeff's brother-in-law, and Dot Donohoe is Jeff's mother. She's definitely the star of this ad. :) (Jeff's the bass player in my band...he and I have been bandmates and best friends since about 1975.) I've known Dot since I was in high school, and she was always a hoot. She drove a truck for the US Army transporting Japanese and German POWs during WWII and lived into her 90s. Dot passed away a few years ago, and Mike's campaign was unsuccessful (for political reasons I won't get into here), but Jeff told me about this video last night while we were at a baseball game. It was too cute not to share. :D

Love it!

As an aside my father was in charge of a group of Japanese POW's during WWII. He drove a truck load of these men from where they were imprisoned in the Philippines to various job sites where they worked during the day. If I recall correctly his work crew was 30 and he was by himself. He said they were never any trouble and were happy to be out of the war eating three squares a day. Japanese soldiers were not fed as well as Americans and in fact had to forage for food to supplement their diets He said they were very skilled craftsmen.

Love it!

As an aside my father was in charge of a group of Japanese POW's during WWII. He drove a truck load of these men from where they were imprisoned in the Philippines to various job sites where they worked during the day. If I recall correctly his work crew was 30 and he was by himself. He said they were never any trouble and were happy to be out of the war eating three squares a day. Japanese soldiers were not fed as well as Americans and in fact had to forage for food to supplement their diets He said they were very skilled craftsmen.
i saw this cartoon years ago, and you reminded me of it just now.
Screenshot 2022-07-03 190611.jpg