New Tool - Laser bore sight

Don Baer

Staff member
Rather than continue the other thread about all my new toys I felt I'd start a new one on this tool so I can show how it works and share the results on Friday after i give it it's first field test.
It came in a nice little box and batteries are included.
20210303_172111.jpg
There are adapters for every caliber from .177 pellet to 50 cal and they even have two shotgun adapter for 12 and 20 gage.
20210303_172049.jpg
Once one select the correct adapter you shove it down the barrel until the tapered part of the laser is flush with the end of the barrel.
20210303_171054.jpg
Next you push the on button and aim at the target. this is where you can change the scope adjustment to find the desired target.

20210303_171237.jpg
This will get you on the paper without wasting a bunch of ammo.
It even come with a warning telling you to take it out of the barrel before firing the weapon... :oops:

I've used these myself as well as just starting up close and eyeing down the inside of the barrel without the bolt inserted to get it pointed in the general area.

Our local range has one you can borrow, but the range masters come down and work with you to get it setup. I actually found this to be a good way to get to know the range masters, they all like to shoot as well. ;)