Secret Executive Family Meeting

Well, all, I have good news and bad news.

The bad news is I didn't get to meet Drew and the LOHL Janet. :( The good news is that I did get to go to Lee Valley even though it was a very quick trip. :)

Let me sum it up. There was a freak snowstorm, and the drive down took me 5 hours instead of 3. I watched a bad accident happen in front of me on the highway, and missed being part of it by the skin of my teeth. So I didn't get Drew's message and he didn't get mine and we were ships passing in the night. I couldn't get a lot at LV because LOML was planning on buying a bunch of stuff from a Craigslist ad on our way home and we didn't think it all would fit because I had to take the smaller SUV (4WD) instead of the truck (2WD). So I'll buy a bunch more and get them to ship it to me. We were in a big hurry to leave before dark. Anyway it was a long hard day. I'll catch Drew next time. Next time I'll go down in no hurry, with no dogs in tow, and in good weather!

This is what I got. Forgive me the one non-woodworking purchase (the do have a lot of great gardening stuff and we're planting fruit trees this winter). One purchase is secret and it's in the big box on the left. It's a secret. I ran into Santa Claus there and he asked me to hold on to that before it goes to it's new surprise home!

So there are 3 different types of screws, some magnets, a tiny plane, 2 books, oh, I forgot to put in the photo 2 big pieces of polyethylene for making my crosscut sled runners, those Narex mortise chisels that were on sale, and that's all she wrote. There were 2 things on my order paper that were out of stock so I'll add them to my internet order.

So I'm glad to be home. Really glad. And glad to be alive.

LVnov202010.jpg

Yea it was too bad about the connection but it is better that you and glassman got here and home safe. See this is the dangers of LV you pushed through a raging snow storm avoided car accidents and took your life into your hands just to get to a wood working tool store. Which goes back to your previous post of " you know your a wood worker when.." :rofl: Glad that they had some of the mortise chisels left. That is a great deal on those. So what did ya think of LV ?

We were over in Vancouver today to see my mother in law as she turned 75 today. Glad the roads were great and the sun came out. It was a fantastic day. What did she get from me? Just a bowl that I made her for candy or nuts. I didn't think it was too special (Horse chestnut buffed out) as it is just a bowl but she thought the world of it. :thumb:

Attachments

• Mom 75th 007 - Copy.JPG
    Mom 75th 007 - Copy.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Mom 75th 008 - Copy.JPG
    Mom 75th 008 - Copy.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 10