Shaker wall clock

Not to worry you too much, but back in my days as a cargo handler for a major air carrier, the word "Fragile" only meant -- "do not drop or throw over 20 feet."

I'm sure or at least hope the procedure has changed, but when I became a supervisor at the same airlines, one of my jobs was to ensure the mail carts were delivered to the airport mail facility on a timely basis... the carts were emptied on to the dock and the dock sorters would grab a mail bag and toss or slide it across the dock to a chute opening in the dock where it slide down a slide to the sort belt below. Out going bags were literally tossed to the mail carts lined up at the dock. Frankly it was a wonder that mail ever made it anywhere intact. Generally there were never any postal supervisors on or near the docks to caution the sorters.

That was back in the late 60' and early 70's so I'm sure technology has changed and made the sort system less dramatic.

That was back in the late 60' and early 70's so I'm sure technology has changed and made the sort system less dramatic.

I wouldn't bank on it. With all the new technology, I wouldn't be surprised if it's shot across the loading dock with a robotic cannon. :D