Somebody talk me out of this!

Look at all the things that went wrong and he had to fix himself!? :eek: Good thing he had all that metalworking tools + experience. (New u-bolts, sprocket didn't fit, carburator not assembled properly, muffler didn't fit around the pedal... etc...) This doesn't really inspire confidence in the kit.

Yeah, but what it lacks in quality, it makes up for in cheapness! :rofl: :rofl:

I've got more small engines laying around here that tend to require a bit of tender loving care every now and then. I've had to fix my craftsman lawnmower's carb a few times, take apart my pressure washer. I had to replace the connecting rod on my 4 stroke Honda Outboard after my wife flipped the dingy into the river! Heck, Supposedly I'm rebuilding a 46' chevy as well! I'm looking at it like getting either a HF tool, or a new chisel. I'm not expecting it to be sharp or perfect out of the box... :doh:

And I'd rather just pedal. The weight of something like this means you'll never pedal that bike again for any appreciable distance.

True, but it's an old bike that is already big and heavy. I'm doing this more for laughs than any real practical purpose anyway... :D

I've got a good mountain bike that I can use for normal pedaling, which, I probably should be doing a bit more anyway!. :huh:

Well Brent I am on your side. Mods and all I think it would be a great project just for fun.

Reminds me of the first motorcycle i rode when i was about 10 years old. It was a Puch http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Puch_Maxi_.JPG

We had a term for it called in Afrikaans "Help my trap" Literally meaning helping me peddle. So you peddled the bike initially to get it started.

Boy it was such fun riding that unit on a mine dump in the sand without helmets, licenses and anything else that has to do with legalities...It was our version of easy rider...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I am soooooo tempted.

I know we woodworkers but you gotta put up pictures of this project and Oh this has to jump the que of everything else on the to do list. :thumb::D:);)

<whisper>
It's on the truck for delivery, and the wife is going into town about the same time the fedex guy usually arrives. I've got a real good shot at getting this thing all built in secrecy until the time comes to 'surprise' her! :rofl:
</whisper>

Be VERY careful Brent, you get a Motorbike and the next thing, you're hanging round with the wrong crowd! :eek: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Biker Gang.jpg
    Biker Gang.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 16
Fedex man just dropped off the package and I fished my old bike from out of storage. :thumb:

Everything looks pretty good so far and I'll be getting started on it shortly... :thumb:

Best part, the wife was at the store! I'm hoping to get it all installed before she sees it so that the first time she see's me on it I'm riding it around the driveway... :D

I'm sure she'll either find it funny, or she'll just give me the normal eye roll... :rolleyes: