State spindle sander

Looks like an older B4 (round top, newer ones had a square top) if I'm not mistaken.

Parts and operational manuals here:

As for finding NEW parts, I reckon you're well into either measuring and getting comparative parts that are close enough (and fitting them if necessary) or making your own territory on this old fellow.

You can probably get some rubber drums that have a "close" bore size (they're available all over the place search for "spindle sander drums") or if you have a lathe they're not super hard to make out of wood with a custom cut rubber bushing on the top & bottom to hold the sleeves in place.

Looks like the power cord is in dire need of replacement, that's easy.

As for the rest of it.. depends on what if anything is broken. They were good solid machines back in the day so it's likely worth fixing up if it's not it to terrible of shape (doesn't look to bad from the one picture but hard to know what's on the inside until you tear into it).

Welcome to the family Richard! That looks like a nice restoration project! Please post the process, the motto here is "no pics didn't happen"

Nice find! Those are great machines. I used to have one. The inerds are likely to be in good shape. In the center column there's a chamber with an oil bath that splashes oil on the oscillating/rotation mechanism. You probably don't need to disassemble to check anything in the column. As for spindles/drums, you may need a machine shop to make a set of the shafts. Probably worth the money given what you paid for it. For the rubber, you may be able to get those made as well. Possibly a company that rebuilds rollers for the printing industry? That said, I wonder if you could buy the rubber drums from a company like Grizzly as if they were replacement parts for the Grizzly machine.

- Hutch