The Saga of replacing the water softner

Interesting that your filter doesn't have a bypass valve built in. The one I have has a ball valve bypass built into the top of the housing. Less complicated for the install, for sure.

Interesting that your filter doesn't have a bypass valve built in. The one I have has a ball valve bypass built into the top of the housing. Less complicated for the install, for sure.
you would think, right.... the book says that it wasn't required but recommended... how did they expect you to change the filter, turn off all the water each time to replace the filter...

well this morning I went and visited Heidi and picked up a new union and 90 to I could correct my manufacturing defect. Got it install and while waiting for the glue to harden I installed a plate using a piece of 3/4" plywood from the scrap bin. This is screwed into the studs and will allow me to bolt up the filter bracket since I don't feel comfortable bolting it to the drywall... :ROFLMAO:
20200214_105505.jpg

Next removed the old unit turned off the water to the house

20200214_112646.jpg
And installed to filter assembly along with the new softener. Here it site under pressure.
20200214_125420.jpg
Finally I put in the brine tank, filled it with salt, bled out the air from the system and started up the new unit.....
20200214_171838.jpg

Conclusion --- Shark Bite fitting work...:sneaky:

Total trips to the store 9 if your keeping count.

We have a new record!
Maybe. Come to think of it, we never did get the 'trips update' from Brent, did we?

Don: They know me well at the Borg's return desk. Whenever I get into plumbing or electrical, I always try to buy about twice what I think I'll need. Saves on trips, and I just hit the return desk during my 'next scheduled trip.'

BTW, did you get the 10% military/veteran's discount on the softener?

Maybe. Come to think of it, we never did get the 'trips update' from Brent, did we?

Don: They know me well at the Borg's return desk. Whenever I get into plumbing or electrical, I always try to buy about twice what I think I'll need. Saves on trips, and I just hit the return desk during my 'next scheduled trip.'

BTW, did you get the 10% military/veteran's discount on the softener?
yup, sure did and ACE hardware have me a discount also.