I Guess I've Got a Pretty Good Job

Dave Richards

086fab06.jpg

You know, if that was me, and knowing my luck, it would be me that gets that job, I would end up dropping my flashlight or something.

Seriously though, how do you mentally prepare for a job like that? How do you kiss the wife good day, and get into your car knowing you are going to have to crawl into an elephant's hiney when you get to work? How do you make that transition from outside to inside? You must just take a deep breath, go for it, and while you are in their burrowing around trying to find things, humm away to pass the time taking refuge in the fact that you don't have an office job?

As a former safety coordinator I can't imagine the job briefing that proceeded before the climb in. "Okay, now if I stop breathing, the signal will be frantic kicking of my feet. Pull be backwards or get the 5 gallon bucket of black pepper and stick it under the elephant's trunk."

, and get into your car knowing you are going to have to crawl into an elephant's hiney when you get to work? QUOTE]

its easy for him, he probably doesnt mind, and most likely enjoys the challenge.

I once was very friendly with a laboratory owner.
On slow days, hed ask me to join him for lunch.
One day I noticed he was sitting at his work area eating his sandwich, and I said in disgust, "Jimmy, how can you eat with all those* number one* and *number two* specimens next to you, all around you?!"
He looked at me puzzled, then smiled and said" its number one and number two to you, but its bread and butter to me."