Larry M, Did You Find a Cat?

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
RedneckCatFound.jpg

I know it wasn't Larry, 'cause he's a long way from Sunset Blvd. This sign was probably posted by some dim-witted Paris Hilton wannabe in Hollywood who "loves animals" [spoken in a perky sorority girl voice]. :rolleyes:

I always thought that even complete illiterate people could and would acquire a bit more culture thanks to zoos, national geographic documentarys or even from tv ads or cartoons, but I can see that some people have their brains like sieves with very big holes, nothing is retained.

I always thought that even complete illiterate people could and would acquire a bit more culture thanks to zoos, national geographic documentarys or even from tv ads or cartoons, but I can see that some people have their brains like sieves with very big holes, nothing is retained.

Toni,

It's clear you've never lived in L.A. ... ;)

By the way, the only reason those things do well in southern California is because back in the 19th century, some transplanted frenchman decided he missed his escargot, and imported big snails to the region. Now, when those billions of snails aren't eating everyone's plants, they make up a major potion of those kitty cats' diet! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Was he found out back near the concrete pond?:D

My first thought - the flier must be a joke. Then, well, let's just say I have come to doubt the intellect of so many in this world - myself included.:rofl:

Wes

it doesnt surprize me!!!

that them thar city folk would think it was a scared cat! as for me if it were further south it would be considered supper! seeun as i dont live that far south its considered driving practice:)

that them thar city folk would think it was a scared cat! as for me if it were further south it would be considered supper! seeun as i dont live that far south its considered driving practice:)

The driving practice would be in NOT hitting one. They are not exactly hard to hit. I personally think they are trying to commit suicide.

Last edited:
I met one of those O'kitties on the way home in October. He dodged right the same time I swerved left. Last I say him in the mirror he was doing the crappie flop. Next day he was lunch for a couple crows. I never used to see them up here but lately they outnumber skunks.

I met one of those O'kitties on the way home in October. He dodged right the same time I swerved left. Last I say him in the mirror he was doing the crappie flop. Next day he was lunch for a couple crows. I never used to see them up here but lately they outnumber skunks.

hey dale start grabbin them skunks i hear there fur this year is top dollar,,seriously 10$ fer a good one..the last ime skunk had a value was in the depression timesand some after that..:huh:

I had never seen a possum until I moved to LA. (Same for coyotes and raccoons, too.) They're not so thick out here to be a problem, but at a former house, I had to stop leaving the dog's food bowl outside or else the possums would come up on the back porch and eat it.

One time I went out on the porch and found a little young'un on the porch railing. He "played possum" and froze, so I decided to try petting him lightly on the head and back of his neck. He actually seemed to relax and like the petting. I was most surprised by how soft and downy the fur was. It looked all rough and bristly, but it felt like silk.

I had never seen a possum until I moved to LA. (Same for coyotes and raccoons, too.) They're not so thick out here to be a problem, but at a former house, I had to stop leaving the dog's food bowl outside or else the possums would come up on the back porch and eat it.

One time I went out on the porch and found a little young'un on the porch railing. He "played possum" and froze, so I decided to try petting him lightly on the head and back of his neck. He actually seemed to relax and like the petting. I was most surprised by how soft and downy the fur was. It looked all rough and bristly, but it felt like silk.

what yu city folk dont know :eek: yur right vaughn they are very soft,,thin skinned and used to be used for coat collars becasue it can be died easily to match many other furs cheaply.