I'm back home, but have lost my October Shows.

Chuck, sorry to hear about the problems. I also hate to hear about the shows too. If the one on the 17 and 18 is the Bell Buckle show I've heard good things about it from several people. I'm going to try and go on Saturday to look around. I hope you have a quick recovery.

Sorry to hear about that Chuck, I went through the same thing last year. I kept pushing it back in, but it only got worse. What was hard for me is I do air conditioning for a living so I spend a lot of time in attics, under houses, lifting heavy equipment, etc. Burned up a weeks worth of vacation days layed up on the couch. As long as you follow Dr.'s orders you'll be as good as new.

well chuck its good that youre still here to chat about it ..look on the bright side and what about your wife do the lifting and yu just do the selling at the shows:) now days yu dont want to throw out a oppurtunty if yu can make it work for you..

Ten years ago that would have worked, but problem is, she had a hip replacement in January and while it's pretty much healed and all, not up to her lifting a 75 pound canopy or 40 lb boxes of wood turnings... her son is coming in to help me with one show this month and one next.. after that I think I'll be ready to do all my own lifting for the December shows... I'll take her along to snuggle with and keep warm though... it gets da--ed cold on Market Square in December. The three shows are outside, from 11 am until 9 pm... This year I think I'm going to get some long underwear.:rofl::rofl:

Chuck shows will come and go but your health is the only thing that is important. Glad that you got the help that you needed and that you are recovering. How is the wife doing after your ordeal I bet it scared her too? Wishing you a speedy recovery. :thumb::thumb:

She was pretty nervous.. almost a basket case, but not quite... she's pretty level headed. Biggest problem we had, she rode in the ambulance with me and we don't have any family around here. So she didn't know when and how she was going to get home, plus she was so intent on getting my medication and information together, she forgot to take her own with her... she's a diabetic, has heart fibulations, arthritis and had a hip replacement in January that's just about healed... she wound up sleeping at the hospital with me Sunday night and some friends from our art group were kind enough to come and take her home on Monday after the surgery. She drove back and forth Tue, Wed, & Thurs, but she hasn't driven in over a year and that was pretty nerve wracking for her. This is a woman who used to run the Sam Houston Turnpike in Houston at 80 mph twice a day. She said she was so nervous the first day she dropped off the right shoulder twice on her way to the hospital. It's about 30 miles from our house to the hospital.

Chuck, sorry to hear about the problems. I also hate to hear about the shows too. If the one on the 17 and 18 is the Bell Buckle show I've heard good things about it from several people. I'm going to try and go on Saturday to look around. I hope you have a quick recovery.

John,
The show I was schedule for is the Cleveland Apple Festival in Cleveland TN.
I didn't do it last year because of conflicts, but did the 2007 schedule and did pretty well... I understand it has grown and maybe would have been better this year.

We have a first annual fall festival in Tellico Plains coming up on 9/24... no charge to vendors this year and my step son will be home on 22nd to help with that show.... its a one day so won't be too much strain.