Congratulations to Vaughn McMillan

Very Nice

Beautiful work.

Vaughn told me the top section orginally was going to be a fancy golf tee. That did not work out so he stuck it upside down onto another piece of wood.

My most sincere congratulations and all rewards that come with that honor. I am privileged to call you a friend. It is an outstanding piece and not to detract from it, but what you do turn and turn out is all amazing and darn near magical to me! Congratulations, (seems so insignificant) you "done" good!!! :thumb::thumb:

Thanks all. Rob, you're right. I feel honored to have been chosen...all the others were worthy of the cover, too.

...So you know I have to ask - can you tell me how you did the finish ? buffed im guessing

According to my notes, the hollow form was sanded to 1200 grit and finished with Formby's Tung Oil Finish. The HF and finial were buffed with Don Pencil's PL compound and followed up with Renaissance wax. I think sanding the bare wood down to 1200 grit made a big difference in the finish, since I don't recall doing anything extraordinary when I applied it. It also helps to start with a piece of sweet Michigan chocolate. ;)

Hi,

I just don't understand how a person whose head is so far above the floor, way up there in the rarefied, oxygen depleted atmosphere can make such beautiful things.

I guess I have to say this, tall guy, your art is great and so are you!

As soon as I saw the pic I went down and interrupted my wife to see the HF and Golf Tee. Dang it---there are just not enough good words!

Enjoy,

Jim