Good advice.

Frank Fusco

My son, the emergency room physician in Springfield, MO posted this on FaceBook: "Just a tip, before the official news breaks. Do not break into someone's home in the Ozarks...someone's got a hole in their head and another in their pelvis as proof that my advise is sound...."

In my opinion the burgular got what he deserved. However, that kind of law scares the heck out of me. And then to add more confusion to this message I will add---If I was out there, miles from police, I would do the same thing.

Gosh life is confusing.

Enjoy,

Jim

Kinda goes for anywhere in the mountains. Mountain folks just ain't right in the head. :crazy: Takes a police officer an hour to get up here sometimes. Kinda out in the sticks.

Some of us flatlanders, too, Mark. There's a Remington 870 leaning against the bedroom wall, and it's stuffed with three #6, and two #00 buck.

Last edited:
I believe that Oregon has a law that your house is your castle and if someone break into it you can shoot them. State Trooper said, just don't move them, leave them in your house, they can tell if you moved them.

So if someone breaks into my house they will see how a 38 hollow point bouces around in the chest cavity. :(

When seconds count, the police are minutes away. ;)

That said, I wouldn't shoot a burglar for breaking into my house. I wouldn't hesitate to shoot someone trying to harm me or my family, though.

Hey Steve! Don't you love the Indiana law that states you can not resist a police officer even if he illegally enters your home? What a state supreme court ruling!

In Colorado it is called the "Make My Day" law. I am not sure if it extends to your automobile here tho. I know that an automobile is considered a person's domain in some laws but not sure if it applies in this law. It does count as far as a concealed weapon. They have to be in the house to shoot them tho. Dragging them the house after shot is frowned upon. A person does, however, have the right to arrest someone and detain them outside of the house. I knew a guy that was detained at a place where he committed a burglary of a CSU football player's house. It took the guy 20 minutes to get to a phone, because he was busy detaining this guy. He was GLAD to see the police. The Police called him an ambulance. Player should have detained him back into the house and shot him. It would have saved a lot of people a lot of grief later in life. That was his second trip to prison. His third trip he got 280 years without parole. He never learned.

Two days in a row a timely post.

Found out a little earlier today, someone broke into my uncles barn and stripped the copper wiring from it. He is just the next farm over. Guess it is time double check for zero on the 308.

full story

The full story was in the paper today.
The incident happened in my county and just about a mile from where Tod has his shop and home.
The burglar tried to break into the window of a bedroom where a four year old girl was sleeping. That failing he threw a concrete block through the back door. At that point the girls Daddy shot the guy hitting him in the head and abdomen.
Because of the seriousness of the injuries he was transported to Springfield, MO where he 'met' my son.
BTW, the Sheriff said the shooting was justified, no charges against Daddy who was protecting his family. That is good.
Now I know why I keep a pistol at the head of my bed and a rifle about one step away from where I am right now.

I always thought I wouldn't shoot someone for breaking into my house, and then it happened. They came in and stole several of my rifles that were in a nice glass gun cabinet I had. Now the nice looking gun cabinet is gone and a big safe replaced it. All my guns are kept there except the loaded one close by. I have never felt such anger and when I walked in and found I had been violated like that. They also stole my case of beer I had just bought. That really angered me! Oh, ya, I also have an 85 lb. Doberman that is here all the time.

I always thought I wouldn't shoot someone for breaking into my house, and then it happened. They came in and stole several of my rifles that were in a nice glass gun cabinet I had. Now the nice looking gun cabinet is gone and a big safe replaced it. All my guns are kept there except the loaded one close by. I have never felt such anger and when I walked in and found I had been violated like that. They also stole my case of beer I had just bought. That really angered me! Oh, ya, I also have an 85 lb. Doberman that is here all the time.

Paul, if I ever come to visit, I'll call first. ;)