Three Descriptive Terms, One of them "Woodworker"

glenn bradley

David Crouse' introduction thread comment about computers and woodworking being an odd combination gave me an idea. I notice some recurring pairings mentioned here in passing and thought it would be fun to share them in a thread. I know we have the Musician/Woodworker, Geek/Woodworker and Machinist/Woodworker combos going so let's add a third descriptive element and have some fun. For example; I could be described as:

Geek (Network Engineer), Musician (ex-musician), Woodworker.

How about you?

Geek, WannaBeMusician, WannaBeWoodworker.

I code for a living, I've made a couple of guitars, assorted other woodworking projects, and have a little recording studio I like to make noise with...

Does general all-around doofus count? ;)

I'm equally as clumsy in the shop, in the studio, and when I sit down to work on my machine! :doh:

Thanks,

Bill

cant imagine a guy like you bill being at loss for words:)

firefighter-security guy??
woodworker
poet
there how does it feel to have the likes of me who cant spel on here and talk right fill in your blanks:)

Doing things with wood probably goes back before Adam's rib thing healed.
How about??? gunbuilder/woodworker; artist/woodcarver; fisherman/boat builder/woodworker.
I'm sure there is no end to it.

Woodworker is, in my case, a subset of one of the three.

I got carried away on a nostalgia trip. Therefore I copied it as a Word file for my own use and started over.

FIRST: Optometry took up a tremendous amount of my time. I loved, almost, every minute of it. I had awards by the closet full.

SECOND: Hobbyist (Now mainly woodworking). A few samples: Flying, racing, make gold and silver jewelry, electronics involving high quality sound, radio announcer, disk jockey, recording studio, throw pots, oil painting, etc. etc. It goes on and on that's why I deleted it and inserted the less long version. I have had fun acquiring a vast variety of knowledge and skills---It vanishes when my life ends...what a shame.

THIRD: Woodworking. However as I said, it is a subset of Hobbyist. So I will add one more.

HUSBAND: To the most wonderful woman around for 66 or 67 years. Myrna keeps track of the number of years and I remember the date---July 17th. Myrna's Husband is certainly one of the main things that defines who I was and who I have become.

Enjoy,

JimB

Last edited: