Here we go again buy or build? Pics added 4/12/13

I don't own our Pennsic sleeping tent. I know this guy who lets me take his tent which is a 16' X 16' . The one we have is a 12' X 12' also known as the kids bed room.:thumb:
This is one of those cheap tents they sell at the hardware store. And if luck holds it will last long enough to get this job painted. The last 2 I had lasted through the job I got them for, but did not make it through the winter.:(

Chuck i like that spraybooth idea. Thats v cool. Cant advise on the spray painting question I am way too low on the totem pole of knowledge to comment :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Well that paint don't go very far when ya start spraying sheets of plywood.:thumb::rofl:
Stopped by the paint store the other day and picked up another $402.96 wroth of paint and used up another gallon of it today. Upper cabs all have 2 coats of base and the base cabs that are cut out have one. If the rain stays away tomorrow the base cabs will get sanded and second coated. Got rained out this afternoon so I couldn't get them done. :thumb::doh::doh:

Well moving right along the base cabs that where cut out all have 2 coats of primer. The rest of the cabs are now cut out and the ones that just got cut out have one coat of primer. Another $115.96 worth of primer has been acquired and the cab boxes will be all primed tomorrow. Might even get some of the top coat on them.:thumb:
A kitchen sink has been ordered so that made it so I could cut out the sink base.(Couldn't make the sink base or the cab beside it untill the sink had been nailed down.) Apron sink with faucet $1,000.00 But for comparison reasons I don't think that should be added into the cabinet build price.
On a side note while we where looking at sinks today the sales man at the plumbing supply house gave us a 24" fire clay apron sink that was a miss order. At first he wanted $50.00 for it so I paid him cash for that and than I ordered the kitchen sink and he gave me back my $50.00.:thumb: So that is going to be the new bath sink. Looks like another cabinet has been added to the order. Opps make that 2 cabinets some one wants a linen closet added to that bath so it is coming in the form of a cabinet. :thumb:

Much paint was sprayed today:thumb: The inside of all the boxes are finished coated. Now to start assembling them and than finish coat the out side.:thumb:

The first three are of the newest member of the household Golath the yellow dog.
Than we have some pics of how I do rabbiting for shelves on the new bathroom cabinet.
And one just to prove that paint is being used.

tn_DSC01611.JPGtn_DSC01612.JPGtn_DSC01614.JPGtn_DSC01618.JPGtn_DSC01619.JPGtn_DSC01620.JPGtn_DSC01621.JPGtn_DSC01622.JPGtn_DSC01623.JPG

Last edited:
A yellow puppy? What, have you guys not had enough to keep you busy lately? :rofl: He looks like a cutie. :thumb: We've got a couple of yeller dogs in our family, too.

No paint was sprayed today.:(
How ever 4 boxes got assembled a platform for the washer and dryer got built. A washer and dryer got delivered and put in the basement. A dryer got hooked up and a washer got put on the platform next to it. Stu the plumber was supposed to stop by today and hook up the water but he was a no show. I don't do plumbing not even a little bit me and pipes that hold water just don't see eye to eye. So it is best left for Stu to do after all it is way easier for him to just do it than fix the mess I would make of it.:rofl::rofl:

I too avoid plumbing whenever possible. When I do have to do it, I drag out every swear word I ever knew and then some. Took LOML a while to learn that nothing was wrong; that's just how I do plumbing :D. You're making good progress Chuck. You'll get there soon.

Many screws gave there freedom today and all but the sink base have been assembled. The boxes all need backs but that's for another day.Some paint was sprayed so now everything is finished coated on the inside. Oh and one of the bathroom cabinets still needs to be assembled. The vanity is done except for a pair of doors but it can be installed and a sink put in it.:thumb:

Almost ran in and got the camera last night Rob just to show the strength of the dado joint. I have a 1/4" deep dado across a 23 1/4" ply tapped the wall 23 1/4" by 30 1/2" into it and rolled it up so it was parallel to the floor. That wall stayed put just like it was a shelf no screws had been put in it yet just the fit of the pieces was all that was holding it in place.

At this point all of the boxes are assembled backs in them and just waiting t be hung on the wall. The sink and counter top have been ordered. All the parts for the face frames have been rough cut. Just got to get a time when I can rip out the old and start installing the new. After cutting all the face frame parts I have found that I am 15 1x 5 - 8's from having enough wood to make the doors so that will have to be gotten at some point soon. Also do not have anything to make the draws out of yet so I need to figure them out and get that wood too.
Got my version of a jig set up and ready to run on the beaded face frame. All that's left is to finish cut the parts and start banging them out.

Last edited: