Myrna Passed Away 5:40 this a.m.

I am sorry to hear of Myrna's passing. It sounds as if she prepared well for her death, but I am sure that you are aware that none of these preparations could address the sense of loss you will feel in the near future and beyond. It is in those moments that I hope we here can be of some help, so please do not hesitate to reach out. We have looked forward to your contributions here and I hope you will continue, for we probably need your help more than you need ours. Not so much in woodworking, but more in how to be good husband, father and friend.

It's a beautiful legacy she leaves behind. I wish more people had the sense that the two of you had to plan ahead...it really is best way to have a peaceful change to the next stage of life. God bless you both and your family.

Last edited:
Our condolences to you and your family Jim. I truly respect and admire how you and Myrna have prepared for the inevitable. I hope your family can celebrate her passing through the memories of all the wonderful years you shared.

My sympathy to all your family for your loss. But I rejoice that Myrna passed fairly quickly, not with months or years in a coma. She is in a better place - may she rest in peace.

Your advice for planning is great, but I would add one step. The several medical research facilities that may get my body all cremate what is left after they have learned or practiced. I have arranged for my ashes to be buried on a farm, with the work animals, without a container or marker.

My condolences and sympathy to you Jim and Glen. It's heart wrenching when someone so special is lost, but know that after 67 years together she had a wonderful life with you as you did with her.

Jim you have condolences also. A lot of what you talked about Shelly and I have discussed also.
It sounds like you 2 had a wonderful life together and were major prime examples of what a good marriage is all about.
God Bless Jim. You and the family are in my prayers.

My sincerest condolences on your loss. She is not gone, just off waiting for you to join her later. You were both blessed with a life that many others can only be envious of. Always remember her fondly.

The pre-planning is a great help.

Aloha, Jim, Glenn and Greg.

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family...

My wife and I have discussed some of the things for after as well... it will be a blessing that each of us will know what to do....

Jim, I admire your strength and foresight... it won't be the same, but life will go on.