Picked up a new record player.

What kind of music are you inteding to load into it? 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's? Rock, C&W?

Yep!
:thumb:

Oddly enough, Probably a fair amount of 2010's. I listen to an internet radio station on W.T.F and the shows play pretty diverse selection of tunes. Some of the newer bands are really into putting out vinyl, and some of those are also interested in putting out 7". I've been buying those whenever I can find them, as well as picking up some old favorites.

Have you ever seen a 1 cent/play jukebox? It had great sophistication. You put your penny in the slot and you got music. They were really technically advanced. You didn't even have to push any buttons. Your music was the next piece of music, whatever it was.

As you would expect, the lighting was a bit on the garish side. However, compared to a Wurlitzer it was subdued. The sound quality was not fantastic, on the other hand 5 cents went a long way. It makes me think of that old tune, "If I had a nickel, I'd spend it all on you. That's how much I love you baby, that's how much I love you..."

I still have some of the old parts. Gads! No wonder my shop is crowded.

Brent, I bet you can build a lot of memories with that machine.

Enjoy,
JimB

The juke box guy stopped by today and showed me a few tricks on how to clean all the contacts and keep it lubricated and maintained.

It's running like a top right now and I've got it about 1/3 loaded.

So much fun to just walk up, drop some quarters and punch some buttons.