over or under - finally have the answer to this big question

When I visit someone's house, I've been known to reverse the roll to the opposite of what the homeowner prefers, roll out about a foot of paper from the roll, fold it back over itself, the roll the paper back onto the roll a couple of rotations...enough to hide the fold. The paper looks like the owner expects it to look, but after they pull a foot or so of paper from the roll, all of a sudden it's backward.

Good times. :D

Leave it to Vaughn!!! I mean it. He even does Kamakazi squirrels.

As a male, I am all for "Over." There is a down side to "Under." When I pee, I don't have to reach so far, in an unusual position, to reach the end of the TP to get a piece to suck up the last drop.

With that bit of fatherly advice I shall sign off.

Enjoy,
JimB

When I visit someone's house, I've been known to reverse the roll to the opposite of what the homeowner prefers, roll out about a foot of paper from the roll, fold it back over itself, the roll the paper back onto the roll a couple of rotations...enough to hide the fold. The paper looks like the owner expects it to look, but after they pull a foot or so of paper from the roll, all of a sudden it's backward.

Good times. :D

Another arrow for my quiver! Thanks, Vaughn! And Jim, I just shake it.

Over is correct, Leo. I used to think Brent was an "under" guy, but I realize it's just random and happens to be 80% under.

I know one of my friend is one of those "under" gals, so out of courtesy, when she visits, I reverse the guest bathroom TP for her. I'm so thoughtful :rofl:

Maybe I should invent something like Schrödinger's Toilet Paper. You put the roll into a box on the wall and it randomly flips it over or under and it won't open again until the roll is empty. Without observation, it's in a state of indeterminacy, so it can be considered to be over, under, both, or neither. Win, win, win, win. And it spares the cat.

Sorry. I'm a long-time member/moderator at an astronomy/science forum. It ruined me.

Maybe I should invent something like Schrödinger's Toilet Paper. You put the roll into a box on the wall and it randomly flips it over or under and it won't open again until the roll is empty. Without observation, it's in a state of indeterminacy, so it can be considered to be over, under, both, or neither. Win, win, win, win. And it spares the cat.

Sorry. I'm a long-time member/moderator at an astronomy/science forum. It ruined me.

Welcome Brett! I guess in those long Alaska winter evenings you have a lot of time on your hands, eh? :D

So was your surname given or earned, lol? :D

That is indeed my family name...although it's not of Latin origin as one might think. My paternal lineage goes back to the Isle of Man where it was originally "Looney". Apparently, it was a common enough name in Virginia in the early-to-mid 1700s that one ancestor changed it so as...presumably...not to be associated with all the other Looneys in the area.