Search results

1. Dave Gravel

4510 ridgid riving knife

Only place I can to try is emailing Shark Guard. https://www.thesharkguard.com/product/riving-knives-and-splitters/
  2. Dave Gravel

Made some boards from a 3x4

Box parts ready for sanding and gluing. Then I cut and cut the lid.
  3. Dave Gravel

Made some boards from a 3x4

So I grabbed a 3x4 from work. We use them and 2x4s for pallets to ship the stainless steel coils we slit. I managed to find one that looked fairly straight with the grain running relatively straight and sawn with the grain running more or less quarter sawn. Squared up using the table saw I...
  4. Dave Gravel

Mastery of hand cut dovetails

The category that I would vote is wanting to learn how to do them. Need a few things before I start learning them, bench with vice to hold the wood, dovetail saw, sharpening gear, decent chisels, fret saw. Basically everyone needed to do them.
  5. Dave Gravel

Think it's still good?

That would be awesome.Don't think my neighbors would appreciate it though.They don't like the music when it's a bit loud.😆😆😆
  6. Dave Gravel

Think it's still good?

Working on getting the garage cleaned out. Note that my parents bought the house in 73 and I'm inheriting it when my mom passes. With that I'm mind there's obviously going to be a lot of old stuff that was forgotten or I have no use for our any sentimental attachment to. Even though I have two...
  7. Dave Gravel

And they said it would never get off the ground

The FAA grounded Starship indefinitely following the launch. While it was a successful launch, the noise and debris kicked up caused a lot of issues and may also be the cause of separation failure and blowing up. Apparently the dust was thrown several miles from the site. Need to consult with...
  8. Dave Gravel

Free wood

Searching Facebook marketplace and Craigslist brings up quite a few listings for free wood. Can anyone tell me why most people cut it up and post it as firewood before listing it? Sure it's good for that and making short live edge shelves and other smaller projects but it seems anything that...
  9. Dave Gravel

Craftsman Table saw 113.298720

A few pics of it completed. I forgot to get a pic of the top before I started removing the rust. Started with a red scotch Brite, then 320grit with wd40 and worked up to 600 grit. You can see a few spots that are pitted and would require surface machining to remove. I think it cleaned up quite...
  10. Dave Gravel

I am quite pleased with how it turned out.
  11. Dave Gravel

It's Alive!!!!
  12. Dave Gravel

Favorite Youtube List

Here's a few favorites I watch regularly. https://youtube.com/@3x3CustomTamar https://youtube.com/@731Woodworks Matt and his wife do a weekly live discussion on youtube Tuesdays. https://youtube.com/@Bourbonmoth He got a pilot TV show on Magnolia "Hibbs shows you how"...
  13. Dave Gravel

Looking like a table saw again. Got it on a new mobile base, it's all assembled except for the motor and guard. Tonight I got the new fence installed. Squared up as best I can till I get the day running and can make a cut. I might end up getting new sides for the fence, the ones on it now...
  14. Dave Gravel

Prime Rib Gloat

I love my food saver. I always double seal though. I found that a single seal wouldn't hold. I get a lot less bad seals double sealing. I roll the end of the bag down to keep anything from getting on the area that gets the heat seal. also fold a paper towel and place it in the bag in front of...
  15. Dave Gravel

It Has Arrived!

It's a balmy 2° with =17° wind chill here in Clinton twp. 👍
  16. Dave Gravel

Diesel heater for garage shop?

Only difference between diesel and heating oil is one is dyed and the other is taxed more.
  17. Dave Gravel

Diesel heater for garage shop?

Has anyone installed a diesel heater in their shop? I just learned these exist. Sold more as camper and rv heaters but I'm seeing YouTube videos of people using them to heat their shops. Some using a car battery on a trickle charge and some getting an ac adapter. Big selling point for them...
  18. Dave Gravel

Happy Birthday Dave Gravel!

Thanks everyone. 😀
  19. Dave Gravel

After I get the table saw done, the project is getting this Atlas 6001 jointer ready to use. Found it on Facebook marketplace. Under a hundred. Will be getting a helical cutter for it, making a better mobile base and a fresh paint job.
  20. Dave Gravel

Finally making some progress on the Table Saw. Got it taken apart as far as I need to. Building a new base for it from 1/2 inch Arauco ply. Have the paint for it, going to be green. Adding leveling feet to the stand and going to come up with a retractable caster setup Bought a Delta T3 30...