Air Fryer

We have an air fryer... when LOML bought it I didn't think much of it, but find a lot of uses for it now... we did some chicken strips (frozen and already breaded) that I put on a salad for us.... the strips come out a lot less like rocks when done in the AF.... they got too hard in the oven.

She also bought an insta pot that I thought was a gimmick.... I cook about every other meal in that now a days... was a good buy.

We have an air fryer... when LOML bought it I didn't think much of it, but find a lot of uses for it now... we did some chicken strips (frozen and already breaded) that I put on a salad for us.... the strips come out a lot less like rocks when done in the AF.... they got too hard in the oven.

She also bought an insta pot that I thought was a gimmick.... I cook about every other meal in that now a days... was a good buy.
yes I have both and they both get a lot of use. I usta cook soup by simmering them for hours on the stove, now I can make 8 qts. of soup in under and hour. in the instapot.

Last edited:
I made a large pot of chicken soup last night. I added 1/2" of water, a half dozen frozen chicken tenderloins, and cooked for 15 minutes, then 15 minutes of decompression. Before it finished I cooked some seasoning blend in some oil, added some garlic. Tossed that in the pot with a box of broth, carrots, and peas. Brought it to a boil and added the frozen noodles. I reheated it for lunch today, but had to add more water as the noodles had soaked up most of the broth. We have another meal out of it yet.

I reheated it for lunch today, but had to add more water as the noodles had soaked up most of the broth.
yea, I made some Chicken Totollini soup last weeks and had the same experience with the noodles..I just eat it as is but next time I'll add half the amount of noodles.

On a side note this air fryer thread turned into an instapot thread....lol

On a side note this air fryer thread turned into an instapot thread....lol
No problem! I ordered the unit you linked to for your son. It includes an air fryer. :)

We have an air fryer already, but I like the option of using the 'crisp' function to brown a roast before putting it under pressure,

The 2 in one units Air Fryer/Insta pot seem very tempting, but I've already got one of each, lol. Oh well.

Yes That my problem. My sister has the 2 in 1 and loves being able to brown stuff after it's cooked.
Am I correct in thinking I should be able to sear a roast or stew meat before adding broth and other ingredients; i.e., sear with the air fryer lid, then change to the pressure lid?

one last meal. This is a rib eye steak with Garlic parmesan cheese Zucchini fries. I like the zucchini fries as they are much lower carbs then french fries. They are store bought frozen from green giant. The cooking temp is 400, the fries took 24 minutes. So I put the steak in after 12 minutes and turned it after 8 minutes time. The Fries are crispy and the steak is perfect medium rare.
20221216_175157.jpg