Compact tractors

Pretty cool!

You could solo it a bit easier with out that setup with a laser transit and a whole lot of stakes driven to mark grade.. But that requires a pretty good eye, a really steady hand, a whole lot of stakes, resetting the stakes for every path, and still wouldn't get the small interim bumps quite as good (you can get a lot of them by running the tractor backwards because then you're driving on the "more level" but still requires a fair bit of finess and only kinda works on the "short scale").

I think a few hundred lbs of concrete on a box on top of that box blade would have made the cutting more consistent probably...

It looks like some of this class of sensors may have gotten into consumer grade products which starts making some cheaper versions of this look... interesting...

This thread got me to looking at them again. I had wanted a slightly larger model than the one I have (B2920) and was looking at the L3301 (these are Kubotas). I finally got to see one late last year, and it's physical size was actually more than I wanted to deal with. But they've released another model called the LX3301 and it really has me drooling. I may have to stop buy the dealer and see if he has one sitting around.

This thread got me to looking at them again. I had wanted a slightly larger model than the one I have (B2920) and was looking at the L3301 (these are Kubotas). I finally got to see one late last year, and it's physical size was actually more than I wanted to deal with. But they've released another model called the LX3301 and it really has me drooling. I may have to stop buy the dealer and see if he has one sitting around.
Sorry Fred! We're all friends here. If you need ideas to help convince the finance committee, we've got lots of great ones (that may or may not have failed already). ;) :D

Well, that's possible but my LX3301 (if there ever is such a thing) wouldn't have a cab or air....I simply do not spend enough time on one to make that worth while. :D

I started doing the install of the Summit 4 valve kit on my tractor. I’ve rand into a couple of minor issues since the kit was designed for the 1 and 2 series tractors, but minor so far.

I had to drill some larger holes and do some filing on the cables mounting brackets. I was confused on the ROPS size question when ordering, so the mounting bolts were an inch too long.

I’m currently working through the layout for the spot I have the valves mounted and making sure I still have rooms to remove the fuel cap to fill up.

I also know for sure the hoses are too short. I’m planning to order custom ones as well as replace the two bottom quick connects with some long hoses to run up to the front of the FEL.

I wasn’t going to bore anyone here with the full install, but if you want to follow along, I’m posting updates on GTT since there may be tractor owners with the same setup as mine there…

Bolts an inch to long are a lot easier to cut to size than ones that are an inch to short.

Have you looked at getting a hydraulic hose crimp kit? There look like some that are in the affordable range, although I haven't looked to close yet. Seems like a kinda handy thing to have maybe..

Bolts an inch to long are a lot easier to cut to size than ones that are an inch to short.

Have you looked at getting a hydraulic hose crimp kit? There look like some that are in the affordable range, although I haven't looked to close yet. Seems like a kinda handy thing to have maybe..
No, I haven’t (yet), but know there are a lot of things I do not yet know about hydraulics and types of hoses/connections. I’m probably going to leave some of that up to a pro until I’m comfortable with it. ;)

Just a quick update on the Summit hydraulic kit install. I've got things wired (mostly), just waiting on an extension for the joystick wires and hoses and a couple of fittings for hooking it up.

I ended up stealing power from the power point on the right fender console, where I also used two switch spots for spools #1 & #2. I went ahead and swapped the power point for a usb charger, which has it's own switch since the connection isn't a key switched power, it's hot all the time. This was ok as I wanted to let pressure off the hydraulics without having to turn the key on, much like just moving the manual levers.
1F1A770C-D211-4AB5-BE8E-DAEFC255A8A2.jpegE23AA94F-F81E-430A-B239-C539D2A23646.jpegB3360642-1D1B-457E-800F-67AC5C8630E6.jpeg

The spools are mounted up high on the ROPS, I've got some 90* fittings coming to keep the hoses well above the gas cap for fuel ups.
B8F049B2-D788-4C0E-9822-B490928BB1DC.jpeg
I ended up using the ROPS bracket for the switches and making a new backer plate to mount it across behind the seat. I plan to use it to support the hoses from/to the power beyond I may run them through some pvc or metal tube to protect my backside in the event of a hose leak too.
1930B2C9-13B2-482C-B8DC-782E5734D94F.jpeg4D8B4C6F-2A95-4F93-8F4A-1085CEBE9FF2.jpeg

I’ll post updates when I get the rest of the components installed, probably early next week.

Today I finally dropped the backhoe off, after clearing and leveling a spot for it.
3DA420F5-65E2-4B80-AF92-0B8F2F4AB219.jpeg

I hooked up the hydraulics, but the 48” hoses I ordered had the wrong fitting sizes. :doh: Luckily I had some 60” hoses to get it connected to the power beyond connections.
82C285B2-4E33-4BC9-90F4-5DA9318010CE.jpeg

Unfortunately, my hoses for the top link were a bit short too to use it today, but it did work. So ordered new hoses for both. Also ordered fittings for the capstan winch.

New hoses and fittings arrived so redid the main hoses and got the hydraulic top link fitted with its hoses.
99B1F0CA-B707-4A0E-A5F4-0254DB99E769.jpeg

I still need to put the hose clamp/mount on. I need a bit longer bolt to run it through the clamp, then add a nut to bolt it on the bracket with the extra 1/2” of bolt. Just have them zip tied for now.
3FE50C8F-E135-450C-9B16-77C44B9D2646.jpeg

Yeah I was more thinking of catching a snag while logging or similar as being the main risk. Seemed well enough out of the way for field use (y)
Yeah, there is that. I’ve been looking at those hose hangers that have a spring base. It’s finding somewhere to mount it with that plastic gas tank and fenders back there.

it may be I need to just add one to each attachment as needed to support them and keep them from snagging

I was kind of eyeballing the attachment points around the reflector as a potential mounting point for some sort of tie in.. but it's hard to know how practical that is w/o seeing it in person.

We’ll, my next upgrade arrived from bxpanded, a thumb for the backhoe.
FE73AED6-8968-4323-8A0E-3453F8461F25.jpeg 0C898951-4A88-4702-B0C3-BC8F7AA45B1E.jpeg
The manually adjustable link may get a hydraulic cylinder upgrade in the near future, but will try it as designed for now.

I got some time in using the hydraulic top link with the box blade this past weekend. What a world of difference in time spent adjusting the blade angle. It probably took me 1/4 of the time I spent before grading the same stretch of road.