Covid-19 Injection

"Johnson and Johnson's vaccine and the Astrazeneca vaccine were both made by the same method which is called the viral vector technology which is an older method whereas the other vaccines were made by mRNA technology. The viral vector method uses a modified, harmless version of a different virus as a vector, or carrier, to deliver immunity instructions to cells in the body. In this case both vaccines used an adenosine virus which is related to the common cold virus. This method of making vaccines has been around since the 1970's. Viral vector vaccines have had recent successes against Ebola, Zika, influenza, HIV and malaria. Viral vector vaccines are easier and quicker to produce."

"The Moderna and Pfizer vaccines as stated previously were made using mRNA technology which is a newer method but has still been around for decades. mRNA vaccines carry strands of mRNA that, in the body, function like an instruction manual. For COVID-19 vaccines, those instructions tell the body how to create a piece of the “spike protein” unique to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. Because the mRNA encodes only for the spike protein — by itself a harmless protein found on the surface of the actual virus — the vaccine cannot cause COVID-19 infection. It is antigenic, though, meaning it can provoke an immune response in the body that helps create the antibodies necessary to fight COVID-19 effectively."

If you are allergic to polyethylene glycol (PEG) or polysorbate. PEG and polysorbate are closely related to each other. PEG is an ingredient in the mRNA vaccines, and polysorbate is an ingredient in the J&J/Janssen vaccine. If you are allergic to PEG, you should not get an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine. PEG is in the Moderna vaccine.
PEG is a primary ingredient in osmotic laxatives and a widely used excipient in many medications. It has not been previously used in vaccines, and the molecular weight and structure of the PEG 2000 used in the mRNA COVID-19 vaccines are distinct compared with laxative preparations.

Allergy to PEG has been described, particularly with higher molecular weight concentrations. A review of FDA adverse event reports from 2005 to 2017 revealed an average of 4 cases of anaphylaxis to PEG per year. Skin testing has been successfully used to confirm suspected allergy to PEG-containing laxatives and medications, and guidelines for skin testing with nonirritating concentrations of PEG 3350 and polysorbate are available. Recent expert opinion has also provided an algorithm that includes skin testing as part of COVID-19 vaccine reaction evaluation, but the predictive values of PEG and polysorbate skin testing in relation to the risk of hypersensitivity reaction to COVID-19 vaccines are still unknown. The first 15 cases of PEG and polysorbate skin testing completed in patients who had allergic symptoms after their first dose of the mRNA COVID-19 vaccines or reported a PEG or polysorbate allergy before their first vaccine dose were reported.

In drug formulations, polysorbate 80 has been implicated in a number of systemic reactions (e.g., hypersensitivity, nonallergic anaphylaxis, rash) and injection- and infusion-site adverse events (ISAEs; e.g., pain, erythema, thrombophlebitis which is inflammation of the vein wall).

FDA​

Polysorbate 80 is a multifunctional ingredient that may be safely used in food as an emulsifier, defoamer, solubilizing and dispersing agent, surfactant, wetting agent and adjuvant.

The following food may contain it and with the maximum use levels (9):

• Ice cream 0.1%
  • Yeast defoamer 4ppm
  • Pickles and pickled products 500 ppm
  • Vitamin preparations, the maximum intake of polysorbate 80 per day 175-475 milligrams
  • Shortenings and edible oils 1% (with polysorbate 60 or not)
  • cottage cheese 0.008%
  • Whipped edible oil topping 0.4% with/not sorbitan monostearate/polysorbate 60/polysorbate 65
  • Gelatin desserts and mixes 0.082%
  • Barbecue sauce 0.005%

Both shots over and done. Wife had tired feeling on second shot but in morning felt fine. Mad at me as i felt fine. Feel relieved and having some form of protection. Still practice distsncing and mask wearing. Anything to avoid the bug. Lost my younger brother to covid and still have trouble accepting the fact.
Figured out a way to avoid the bad stuff in ice cream. LOML makes our own. Great variety and very delicious. She does tend to spoil me. But she loves to cook as long sd I do the dishes.
David

Given the number of mutations (https://nextstrain.org/ncov/global), I have no doubt that yearly/period Covid shots are going to be as common as Flu shots going forward. At least going forward, our bodies will have some idea of what it is trying to fight and it's not totally foreign, at least for those that have gotten a covid vaccine or had covid.

I have to admit my right arm is sore. I got the chills and feel like I was hit by a mack truck.
I mean I had covid, so why did I need the shot ! Other than to be part of the Clone army. I feel like I traded in my masn card for a be a good boy card and for what since I already have the antibodies ?