Greene and more Greene

The second of five pieces for this client (the wall clock having been the first). This wine rack, built to customers drawings and dimensions, is walnut with sapwood and ebony accents. The sapwood was a customer request. Finish is 4 applications of Danish oil with the third application being sanded in with 2000 grit paper. This now goes into storage in the guest room awaiting shipment when all the other pieces are complete.
DSC_0114.JPGDSC_0115.JPGDSC_0116.JPGDSC_0119.JPGDSC_0121.JPGDSC_0122.JPGDSC_0123.JPGDSC_0124.JPGDSC_0126.JPGDSC_0128.JPG

WOW - that is incredible work Rennie. You are the master of GnG

Beautiful
Master?!? Rank armature. But thanks. I think I'm getting better at it.

This piece is a bit of a mixed bag, actually. The ebony splines, plugs and cloud lifts are a nod to G&G. The through tenon is actually a little bit of Stickley tossed into the mix just to make it unique, and a bit odd.

Making good progress on the replacement table. Having worked out all the issues on the original is helping me to speed along.
I like the G&G style in walnut!
I kept the book-matched end panels pretty plain as there will be that 'Gamble" trim that goes over them and I really don't want a lot of movement to distract the eye. I'll save the wild stuff for the top and shelf. The two back panels are a book-match also, but separated by that 41" open space.

IMG_1298.JPEGIMG_1297.JPEGIMG_1296.JPEG

That looks great Rennie. I find it easier to 'make another one' sooner rather than later. It is amazing how I will forget details about a build after only a few months. . . . I assume that's not going to get any better with time :rofl:

Can't believe I allowed 3 weeks to pass since my last post here. Been busy taking care of all the little details and acres of hand sanding. Today I spent the morning setting the doors. I discovered one shoulder on one of the lower rails was just a smidge out of square so every time I tightened the clap the frame racked. Chased that one for over an hour before I figured it out. Once that was done hanging the doors was not too bad. Matching those curves is a bit of a hassle, and I had to do a few minor adjustments using a sanding block, block plane, and a card scraper. End result look pretty good. Even got to incorporate some sapwood that the customer likes - book matched, of course!
The doors are inset 1/8" adding an additional shadow line and some depth to the face of the cabinet.

IMG_1352.JPEGIMG_1353.JPEG

Love it. I forget, are the spaces above the doors drawers or no? Also love the use of sapwood as a design element. Your client has got class.

No drawers - one impossibility at a time, please. :rofl: There is, however, a center drawer.
Funny that you say that. I cringed immediately after hitting "Post" realizing that if you wanted drawers there would be drawers and if you didn't . . . not 😊. It really bugs me when I am 80% done with something and someone comes along and says "you know what you should do . . . ". I didn't mean to go down that road.

BTW, my unspoken response to such absurdities is generally along the lines of "arm the photon torpedoes".