Just got home from the ER...

Coincidence?

I was going to do a thread asking about the cause of vertigo---which I had most of today but is gone now. After getting out of bed this morning my day has been eating or sleeping in a chair. About 5:00 pm things started getting better.

The dizziness upset the stomach somewhat so that was a bit more unhappiness. The world kept going from left to right. I did not look in the mirror, however I am sure I had lateral, pendular nystagmus.

Anyway what I was going to ask was if the vertigo could be from use of spray can painting. I sprayed a primer and finish coat on a 19 inch plywood disc yesterday evening. I did it outside and I stayed up-wind. I did not use a mask. From what I have read in this thread I doubt if the spraying (even though stupid) was the cause of the vertigo. I will still ask the question though. Anyone had vertigo problems after using canned spray paint?

I really feel sorry for Ned's wife because her vertigo has lasted so long. Believe me, the few hours I had is plenty for a lifetime.

Everybody get well and be happy and

Enjoy,

Jim

Whatever the cause, I definitely do not want to do it again.

Garry,
I don't know if the pills really stop/help or just makes me think they will.. Friday's episode took most of the day to pass, even after taking the pill.. nothing serious, just a sensation of off balance... I sat in an easy chair and napped most of the day..

The stuff the doctor gave me is called: Meclizine 25mg Tablet Par... I take 1/2 to 1 every 8 hours as needed... usually if I take one I don't need another for a few weeks. I'll sometimes get a twinge, but like you I do a neck twist and a quick head shake and usually I can keep going... if it gets ahead of me, then I have to take the Meclizine.... don't like it as makes me groggy but I've had a few episodes where I would be so dizzy I would be nauseous.

Chuck
I have two types
1. general loss of balance and stagger when I walk but the room isn't spinning. If I catch it there I can often sit it out. If I try to work through this then it will usually progress to the next one.

2. Full blown where I have the room spinning violently and any attempt to move will usually in serious loss of the last few meals. And I have to lay as still as possible with minimum light and eyes usually closed.

I have found that decongestants will often help. I also have the ear crickets as you and Sharon.

Oh and the neck twist was by the DR.. There is a name for the maneuverer...but it eludes me at this time..

Mine was no way as severe as the ones mentioned here but the cause was low blood pressure. After the Dr. reduced one of my blood pressure medications it seemed to clear up in a day. It's a terrible feeling though. I had to put my hands on the walls when walking down the hallway.

Mine was no way as severe as the ones mentioned here but the cause was low blood pressure. After the Dr. reduced one of my blood pressure medications it seemed to clear up in a day. It's a terrible feeling though. I had to put my hands on the walls when walking down the hallway.

I didn't check my bp when I was dizzy, but with the high ringing in my ears and it gets louder when the BP goes up... I generally have high BP anyway... even with the BP medication.