Missouri chocolate

Be sure to sticker it. I was once offered a barn full of walnut. It was not stickered and powder post beetles had turned it into Swiss cheese. Need air circulation between layers to facilitate drying.
Yup, used some of those stickers in the last photo. I’m hoping to build a solar kiln this spring, but a storage space will be needed shortly after.

Good going, Darren! Back in the day when I built furniture, I had my pecan logs milled. Dried in a solar kiln. For the spacing between the boards I used 1/2" slats of wood I got from ripping some 2x4's down. Worked well.

like the lazers, i am sure you have read half of the books on how to mill and dry lumber. but a couple reminders from some one who cut a log a while back. the stickers should be the same thickness and placed on top of each other, also one should be placed near the end. that seems to be the worst area for twist to appear. if you cut enough to need layers leave air space between each board on layer. a year per inch of thickness, it can be kiln dried part way into drying with air. as for beetle damage the sapwood is the number one place for trouble. and for me walnut is the safest against beetle trouble. ash and hickory are the worst. dont leave any sapwood on ash..
it can be a addiction:) have fun darren