The Wimp !

Dave,

You should have had minor surgery instead... You know the only kind of minor surgery is someone else's don't you.

When the nurse asked you to strip to the waist---Did Shelley ask if you started at the top or the bottom? Wives can be particular about that.

I wish you rapid, comfortable and complete healing!!!!

Enjoy,
JimB

Last edited:
Dave, good to hear you are home. It is amazing the amount of zip it takes out of your system. My incisions were glued mainly. I took out a few of my own stitches as the weather was to bad to go to Indy. Mine weren't the metal kind. Using a cane or a walker?

Jon was going to use the crutches but once I got home I'm just using the cane. Now things get boring, shelly off to work nobody's making noise except for the TV so I'm going to start bothering people I guess, lol

Just bother us, no problem! When I returned the first time I was only able to use my left arm and left leg. Second surgery right leg and left arm unaffected. Made walking to the computer and typing almost impossible! You will be surprised at how time flies and how terrible daytime tv really is! Follow doctor's orders even if they seem silly at the time.

With snow and ice today I'm not going outside to the studio. Plus I need to give the thigh muscle a little longer to to straighten. The neighbors have been very helpful. Mimi brought over lunch and and helped me with the ice pack and Her husband started up the bike. I'm doing good. It's very different then what I thought it would be.

Thanks Jim
Cabin fever will be kicking in , the knee will not stop me or keep me from the studio.

Or you just ask your wife to bring your your pallet,paints and easel... you could sit on the sofa and paint ... might need her to re-arrange the lighting so it's better maybe turn the sofa to a more northern exposure... artists are very neat people and never get paint on things around them. :D

You definitely want to take advantage of your in-compassity (sp) :D

....I'm doing good. It's very different then what I thought it would be.

Different? Hurts more? Less downtime? C'mon, share - we are rooting for you.

....the knee will not stop me or keep me from the studio.

Isn't the studio upstairs... across an icy driveway... in the winter? I vote for someone bringing the easel and materials to the living room. I am big on getting moving but that seems like a little risky so early in the healing.

Charlie the pain is a deep ache and not a piercing knife. I'm walking stairs and doing about 7 different stretches. If I don't tear the areas around the new knee the aches will lesson each day. After 2 weeks start weening off the meds.
I think once I get the heat on in the shop I'll be more prone to spend my time our there.