The trash pull-out finally came in. so installed it. Wasn't real happy with the lack of instructions, but figured it out.
Then got the extra holes drilled in the pegboard for the pot lid holder and was able to squeeze that last lid on the rack.
I got the rest of the tile cut for the last row and a few other pieces around the stove, I'll install those tomorrow night. I also started laying out some of the sink wall's accent tile to get an idea of the best direction to go with the sheets. They are about 12 x 12, but I'll need to cut pieces of the flowers to fill around some of the edges.
The last of the large tiles on, starting on layout and install of the accent wall tiles tomorrow night. I still have some pencil tile to install around the edges on the end here. I'm hoping I can get my wife to choose some wall paint and cut in around it before putting those on.
I stalled on the flower back splash these past two weeks as I wasn't looking forward to filling in all those spots around the edges of the sheets of tiles, then had that DUH!!! moment. Just needed to cut the edges square in the first place. Of course after laying out, I realized I was 4 sheets of tile short to finish the job. So ordered another box, which will come this next week, but will hold off to make sure it matches the others before applying any in case I need to mix and match things.
The extra box of tile came in Thursday, so finished laying out and cutting the rest of it to be installed, had to do some final sanding and then primed the wall today before the grand kids came, all work stopped at that point.
Might get it all stuck on tomorrow afternoon/evening after they are gone and get ready for grout this week. Still need to get my wife to pick out the paint color for the room.
The grand daughter is getting more mobile now, she's been playing on the stairs all day. She only had one close call, but I was there to catch her. She's a little over a year now, is way more cautious than her brother, he was standing up/down walking stairs at 9 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQq_2KhKRJU
Worked on cleaning up the grout lines and the face of the tiles tonight to get ready for grout. I'll probably caulk all the edges with the matching sanded caulk before I do the grout, I've found it's easier to do that than to try to not fill in corners and edges while grouting.
Here's a little better pic of the tile, can see some of the metallic ones showing through.
Today I got the grout done, took about 2 hours and about 15 lbs of grout. The grout really tied everything together much nicer, also hid the red color of the subway tiles on their edges.
My wife has also been wanting something on the end of the cabinets towards the dining room side. She requested a book holder to go there for a couple of cook books. I used some of the let over filler material I had along with some of the scraps to make up this, which has a lip on each of the two shelves to keep the books from sliding off.
I got it up and she said she would like to maybe add some wood strips or dowels across to keep the books from toppling off. I have to admit, it looked like it need them.
I decided to go one step further and hammered and flared the ends of some 1/4" round rod flat and drilled for screws.
I decided to paint them black to match the drawer and door pulls. She was right, they look much better.
Tomorrow I have all the new plugs and switches to install, probably will seal the grout too. I also need to go get the matching paint for the cabinets and find some trim to use around the tops of the cabinets. I'll be painting the soffits the same color as the cabinets, the walls are going to be a gray color, then will finish doing the molding.