VERMONT

Leo Voisine

We are going up to Vermont for our annual leaf peeping tour. Leaving today, Tuesday, stay overnight in Quechee Vt, then just hang out on Wednesday stay overnight in Quechee again and come home on Thursday. The destination is to check out Woodstock VT. No that is not where the 1969 Woodstock festival was. That was in New York. Woodstock is supposed to be one of the prettiest small towns in the USA. My camera gear is ready to go. I just got a new 70-200 Sigma lens to put to the test. Whoopee - lets get away for a couple of days and take a photo tour of Woodstock Vermont. I plan to buy a couple of tee shirts and sweatshirts.

Hey..we did the same here. No overnite tho, just drove around locally, for a couple of hours.
We had been gone to TX for two weeks, the color sure came on. I hope you enjoy your break as much as I did mine.

Not going to Vermont, but LOML wants to take a drive up the Cherohala towards NC next week to see the colors there.... Should be changing in the Smokeys pretty soon too... don't think we'll make that trip though.

I can get Vermont maple syrup anytime. We did not get any while here.

I did take a few pictures, er ok, maybe a few hundred pics. Some were good, some not so good. I am getting better though. After that class I took last fall I am getting better at composition, but still a LONG way to go.

These pics are not the best, but they are a good representation of what we did. I do think they are pretty good - BUT - they are RAW. The only edit is the pixel count for display here. The full high rez ones are around 35 to 50 megs.

Also, I was shooting for artistic composition with the full intent to enhance in Photoshop. I did get a few REALLY nice shots but they may not be of high interest here.

I do plan to put some of the fully enhanced shots on my Flicker gallery. I will link to those when I do them. That's cold weather activity with a fire in the woodstove and snow outside. I may even make a youtube vid about it.

So here are a few shots. Enjoy.

Vermont-1.jpgVermont-2.jpgVermont-3.jpgVermont-4.jpgVermont-5.jpgVermont-6.jpgVermont-7.jpgVermont-8.jpgVermont-9.jpgVermont-10.jpg

Cool set of photos, Leo. :thumb: I can see you were paying attention to composition, as opposed to just snapping pictures. Especially in this day of digital film, I don't hesitate to take a lot of shots. I figure I get about 10 really good shots out of every 100 or so that I take.

I'll ditto the comment about it being a nice set of photos, Leo. Something I do many times on shots like the little waterfall and the street shot with the green license plate is to shoot both landscape and portrait so I have a choice of final presentation.

Bill, thank you for the tip. Yes I also do that, but I just didn't post it.

I am still learning about photography. The camera has a ton of capability, and a lot to learn. I lost a few really good shots because I don't know many things. Exposure control, exposure bracketing is one of those things I really need to get better at. There was one WAY over exposed. I had to stand there and wait about 20 minutes to get the shot because there were people playing around taking a really long time shooting their one photos - a REALLY long time. Then I finally got my turn. I shots a few at different aperture settings. This was the best one. When I shoot I record a RAW and a JPEG. The RAW has a lot more info in it and I will put that into Photoshop and try to get as much as possible out of it. To this is a JPEG as recorded in the camera that I reduced pixel count in order to post here. Looking through the bridge with a mountain in the background with a lot of color on it. I hope I can bring it out and salvage the shot. I have watched Peter McKinnon do it, so I need to try. It is a really cool shot. This morning I was watching youtube vids on Canon 90D exposure control and exposure bracketing.

Vermont-11.jpg

Well, I goofed around with the RAW image a bit. I cropped it and did some magic with a bunch of controls. I got some of it. There was a beautiful blue sky, but that got washed out. Maybe I can find some nice blue sky with a few wispy clouds to add into it. Not today.

Middle Bridge-1m.jpg

I enjoyed your photos Leo. I took up photography as a hobby then worked as a commercial photographer for about 15 years. That all ended about 3-4 years ago. I really need to get my gear out and add some new batteries and start shooting for fun again. Visiting the New England states in the fall is on my wife and I list of places to go now that we are retired. Thank you for posting. Enjoyed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk