FedEx driver in trouble. LOL

Chuck Beland

[highlight]This FedEx driver is going to be looking for a new job. This was caught on a home security camera. I heard about it this morning at work, Looks like FedEx is going to be buying them some new comp equipment. You comp guys will really like this [/highlight]

That is pretty staggering. If you are unable to cope with your day, call in sick. Why leave a string of wreckage behind you on the way to the unemployment office? My service here has always been top notch although for the first time since I have lived here, I got a neighbor's package along with mine. It was after dark and the label was hard to read even in decent light. Took me a moment to figure out why I couldn't remember what I ordered :D. I have never missed a delivery and took this one over to the neighbors . . . although I did keep the one that was mine. :D:D:D

Last edited:
Gotta say it, I like my UPS guy and Fedex guy. Even the 'OnTrac' guy from Amazon has gotten pretty good. Probably 85% of my orders though go through the UPS guy, so I tipped him with a Home Depot gift card. He seemed truly surprised and appreciative. I cannot complain about the service they provide...

I do deliveries everyday to customers homes and shops, the CoC prevents me from saying bad words about this guy, but I hope he learns something from this..... I can hope can't I.....? :rolleyes:

Gotta say it, I like my UPS guy and Fedex guy. Even the 'OnTrac' guy from Amazon has gotten pretty good. Probably 85% of my orders though go through the UPS guy, so I tipped him with a Home Depot gift card. He seemed truly surprised and appreciative. I cannot complain about the service they provide...

I've only seen the Fedex guy here in TP once... he left a box on my porch yesterday, but we were gone... and the only complaint I have for the UPS guy, he's always by my house about 6:30 pm, screeches to a halt on the road, throws his truck in reverse and scoots up my loose gravel driveway backwards... it's at about a 20-25 degree angle and his tires dig holes as he slips in the gravel up the driveway... even my truck will slip if I'm in reverse. This spring when I have a few minutes, I need to get down to the bottom of the driveway and shovel all the gravel back up the hill.... my back already hurts just thinking about it.

throws his truck in reverse and scoots up my loose gravel driveway backwards... it's at about a 20-25 degree angle and his tires dig holes as he slips in the gravel up the driveway

Yeah, my driveway is all ruts as well. I think the delivery guys drive on my driveway more than I do! I've got a lot of maintenance to do to it.

The UPS guy always used to just pull in nose forward until some point last year, then I noticed he would always pull in, and back around so he was facing nose out. I asked him about it and he said that company policy had changed and that they had to do that. He said they were even able to tell, via the gps tracking if they did or not and that they were required to do so. Apparently the company thinks it's more efficient...

I need to get an ip camera up on my front door. When my drywall lift was delivered the guy dropped it with me standing there, we had a few words ;). On more than one occasion the boxes from UPS has showed up crushed. I've started using Fed-ex when possible and the rates are the same.

Yeah, my driveway is all ruts as well. I think the delivery guys drive on my driveway more than I do! I've got a lot of maintenance to do to it.

The UPS guy always used to just pull in nose forward until some point last year, then I noticed he would always pull in, and back around so he was facing nose out. I asked him about it and he said that company policy had changed and that they had to do that. He said they were even able to tell, via the gps tracking if they did or not and that they were required to do so. Apparently the company thinks it's more efficient...

I'm not sure if it's true, but somewhere I've read or heard that UPS is very specific in their driving instructions... drivers aren't supposed to back out into the street - and mine is a little iffy anyway... my house sits just off a left curve to the left of my driveway and then the road straightens for a 1/4 mile and it seems the locals like come around that curve and see what their vehicles will do in a quarter mile... more than once I've almost been hit when I back out... I stop at the bottom and look very carefully.... plus I've also heard that UPS drivers do not make left turns... only rights... which means to make a left, they have to have 3 consecutive rights to go left?? Tough on country roads like ours.

Back in the day when I worked for the old Bell System, we had to back in if leaving meant backing out. The reasoning was that we were more aware of what was around us when we arrived and that it took longer to get into that same awareness when we returned to the truck. And likewise, we had to avoid left turns if at all possible. Back then the phone company was self insured and this was considered safer and thus part of the job. If we were involved in an accident, all those things were looked at. If it was determined we did something or failed to do something that contributed to the accident, it usually meant an unpaid suspension. UPS is probably self-insured as well. The premiums for that many trucks on the road would be truly awsome.

fedex, ups, usps, these are small armies of people.
To think that there wont be a few bad apples in the bunch is unreasonable/unrealistic.
Ive known many ups and fedex drivers throughout the years owning a business and in my home, and Ive never had any problems with any of them.
My UPS driver is so nice if something is delivered and is heavy, he will ask me if I want him to bring it into the garage or elsewhere.