I had a major loss tonight

well i have been fortunate to meet jarrod and he is a great son and has his head on right back when i met him and he has grown more mature as his dad has given him more responsibilities in the business since i was there and rightfully so. they make a great team.. if any of us can help let us know dave.

Dave,

I still have the vision of Flames in the walls and ceilings. I was in a fire in 1976 when the entire house was destroyed. It was an apartment house that we owned and I am the one that ran through the house banging on doors getting everyone out. I also carried out as much as I could. We could no longer live there and the house was demolished. It was also a historical whaling captains house that was bought by my grandparents in 1937 and converted to apartments by them.

The memories still linger.

I feel your pain.

Glad to hear it was not as bad as the entire house burning. Glad you saved some items. Even moreso - glad you are OK. The memories will never go away completely but they will become tolerable. You are in my thoughts.

NOW - I will take that as a message to but the flammables in an explosion proof cabinet.

So Sorry Dave, what devastating news. Keep you chin up. I'm sure you have the skills you need to pull through this.

Dave, our sympathies from both Jenny and me. I bet working through the mess put you leg to the test... how is that coming?
Charlie, thank you. The knee was throbbing all evening i found places to sit a bit. At one point I needed to read my insurance and the only light was in the mgr's corvette in the parking lot. Well I was able to slip into the seat no problem but getting out I received a kind hand.

So glad no one was hurt. You will recover from it, because you are that kind of person that has faith, gratefulness and can move on.

Kind of is a reminder for all of us. We did a quick video of the garage and house before we went on our last vacation. But not in detail. I know a lot of tools would be documentatable for insurance purposes (hopefully they wouldn't completely melt), but never hurts to keep that stuff up to date. I think most of us take it for granted. I hate that it was you that had to remind us all. God's speed.

Dave.

I am so sorry that you had this experience.

We had a fire in the house once a long time ago. It would be nothing compared to what happened to you. Everything went smoothly. However, it was still a big deal, a disruption in life.

Our fire was caused by a plumber setting his blow torch down while he went out to his truck to get something. He came back into the house as the firetrucks arrived. He set the burning blowtorch down pointed at the wall. He was really a geenuts.

As you have learned, good sons are a wonderful thing to behold.

I hope you are far enough along in this mess that you can start to

Enjoy,
JimB

well today spent the day talking to a lot of friends seeing if I can borrow some shop space from a couple different finishers and then I also started looking into maybe renting another shop and moving mine across the street and going from 1600 square foot to 2500 square foot, also looking at the possibility of buying I shop that would be my own I won't have to run it. spend time with my lawyer today and he's going to be handling the negotiations between the three different insurance companies and he's also help me understand how the process handle. Which is a load off of my mind.

one very nice thing that happened today Shelly (wife) and I were standing outside the shop looking over the pile of burnt furniture I'm a customer pulled up I've been work for many years and we were talking we she was so sorry she said if you need a loan for any amount let me know that was the highlight of the day.

one very nice thing that happened today Shelly (wife) and I were standing outside the shop looking over the pile of burnt furniture I'm a customer pulled up I've been work for many years and we were talking we she was so sorry she said if you need a loan for any amount let me know that was the highlight of the day.

Man, isn't that an uplifting experience?! When Lou broke her wrist we had sold a whole beef on payments, some were sure we were going to get beat out of the money. They didn't pay well, but the first paycheck Lou would have missed, there in the mailbox was their payment in full. I know my feelings when my parent's house (our family home) burnt. Fire is something I have always dreaded. Delegating the responsibilities to those that are the pros is a smart move. Sounds like positive options are appearing and I pray it will work out in the end. Don't overdo the knee and keep on keeping on my friend!!!!!!!