Friday 7Apr23

Not a lot happening around here.

Bobbie and I will make our usual trek to Boston for lunch today, then back home for a nap.

Saturday is forecast to be a full day of rain and coolness, so don't know what will happen. If it's stormy, I'll just keep myself in the house and vegetate!

Sunday will be our normal routine of me preparing brunch, then being as lazy as possible and hoping to watch the final round of The Masters.

I spent the day in the shop first preparing more blanks for turning in the morning and then then turning in the afternoon.

I am pooped. I overdid it. Have to get my turning muscle back in shape.

Raining like cats and dogs today with occasional thunderstorms rolling through. The temperature has dropped 8 degrees since we got up. It will be chilly tonight.

Rained last night, supposed to rain today also, not sure what Sat will bring... son, Jason and wife are supposed to come over for dinner, before they leave for NC on Monday.... taking first load of household over there... they've bought a lot and plan to build somewhere along the coast... will rent a house for the time of the build.... Sunday I'm scheduled to work the Museum Marketplace.

Finished my cheese boards and delivered them. Now clean up the shop and review where I need to go from there. Out of cheese slicers so should order some more.. Talk to a few customers and see where tthey are in ways of order. Hate to lay in a biunch of supplies and then let them just set. Also need to make a lumber run this next week. Again depends on orders and what not. Daughter likes to order for free but thats ok. LOve to make stuff but do need outlet for the finished stuff. Other wise it just sits. Christmas is a long way away.
Everyone have a safe and healthy weekend and more.
David

After a fairly cold week here, including what's hopefully the "last hurrah" hard freeze Wednesday and Thursday nights, we're forecast to have much warmer weather. Mid 60s this weekend and into the low 70s next week. Have some weeding to do in the yard but I'm probably going to take the easy route and just get out the propane weed burner. Also need to do some shop cleanup in the aftermath of my attempt at making a coat rack. Might also try to get started on a good drawer storage solution for the new kitchen knife I got in the mail yesterday. :thumb:

If I get really motivated I'll attempt to change the locks on my Ranger pickup. It's been too cold to deal with it for the past couple of weeks, but I'm not in a huge hurry because the mechanic neighbor who's going to replace the ignition switch for me is out of town for about a month. Normally, replacing that switch is easy in a Ranger, but the dirtbag who tried to steal the truck buggered up the steering column, and my neighbor has told me it's going to be a bit tricky to get the new one installed correctly.

I'm happy I supposedly have a buyer for my dovetail jig at 200
Told me he's coming tonight at exactly 7 pm
I hope so I'm going to start selling off a lot of things o don't use anymore
Nothing this weekend
My son downgraded my last woodworking project from back bar to floating style shelves with lighting wiring running thru them
Easy project and I have a lot of extra pkywood
But I'm hoping this is my last build as far as furniture
I'm going to stick to small cutsie types of things
But this weekend nothing but cutting down some wood for the shelving

Spent half of Friday going to buy a hog feeder for the kids and picked up 500 lbs of feed at the mill on the way home. Kids are coming Sat. with their 4H hogs and we are going to put them in our barn for a while until they get a pen put up and we get a shelter of sort for them constructed. Everyone coming home for Easter Sat. afternoon for a nice supper created by Lou and the girls and CJ has a macaroni/sausage dish he is making for us to try. You all be safe and stay healthy.

Finally shipped the Greene dresser, coat rack and Limbert table off to my client. So glad to see them go as every day they spent here was an opportunity for something to get dented or scratched. Now they are in the hands of the shipper, so I can worry about that instead! :rofl:

The entryway bench is nearing completion and I should install it in the next week or so.

Otherwise filling my weekend with a little NASCAR and dog training.

I spent all day yesterday and this morning driving back from visiting my son in Kalifornia (684 miles one way) I drove as far as Laughlin NV yesterday and stay there last night, I did pretty good in that I only lost $25 but I drank that much in scotch so I figure I broke even....lol. Todayt I am resting up and might take the tike out tomorrow.