Compact tractors

Ryan Mooney

Staff member
Interesting, I was wondering if you were getting close to the granite areas. Usually the Galena is found in conjunction would limestone or Dolomite which makes the mix of rocks pretty interesting. I'm guessing you must be around some of the boundary zone(s) and are getting wash from several weathered features down in the bottom land.

Very cool seeing the weathered piece like that, you can clearly see some of the structure where it formed in the base rock as well.

I wonder if you're in/near the silver bearing zone as well :D

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
I've got some, but haven't used it yet. It's supposedly perfectly safe until it gets hit with something moving at a pretty high velocity, lol.
I've used it. Not sure I'd want to use it for making holes because you'd pretty much have to be standing over the hole shooting a rifle into it. I suspect that's gonna leave a mark, lol.

Here's a quarter pound of it "decommissioning" a laptop computer...it's about 50 yards away in a plastic jar about the size of a medium jar of peanut butter. The old laptop is sitting on top of the jar.
sniper.gif

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
I ordered a Speeco EHitch QuickHitch last night. Seems like everyone I’ve spoke to with a compact praises the quick hitch. This one is just for category 1 implements only, so no bushings required. It was about $100 more than most other quick hitches, but just one set of bushings is usually $40 a set and I’d need 5 or 6 sets already to get started.