Jimmy is no more

I'm in Florida hunting turkeys and left last Thursday, Friday afternoon I get a call from Jarrod that Jimmy has been gone over 2 hours. I knew right then she wouldn't be coming back. She went for a fly and a falcon caught her. Shelly went to the shop and walked around and found her feathers. I hard to lose a good pet.
Shelly wrote this.

Attachments

• IMG_0903(1).jpg
    IMG_0903(1).jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 20220504_080728.jpg
    20220504_080728.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 29
That is sad, I love birds.. I have a couple pairs of ring neck doves that hang around my place not pets but they do hang around pretty close and watch to see what me and my dogs are up to. They nest in my trees but I have never seen any babies alive. The magpies throw them out of their nest before they are mature enough to survive. I find dead ones at the base of the trees. I hate magpies. The only bird I can kill without remorse. In fact I smile when I succeed in getting one. However they watch me also and know when I am walking to the door with a gun. Even when I do the low crawl past the windows.

Thank you all. I can't believe how tough it's been to lose Jimmy. I'm in contact with the Bird breeder who races Pigeons in SC. Looking to get a Rocky Ridge White. Like jimmy but faster and stronger.
Still nothing can out run a Peregrine.

Dave, out of curiosity, are these homing pigeons... how do you train one as where it's home is?
There in their cage for a month couple months then there 1st time out to fly the get their bearings.
Check out Rocky Ridge Kennels and Loft on YouTube Mike the owner is getting me a bird.
He has some great birds and good tutorials on raising and flying them.